The National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board at the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments wants to hear from you. The TPB is looking for input on seven regional initiatives for its Visualize 2045 long-range transportation plan. Citizen input will help elected leaders and regional planners to better understand public attitudes and opinions.
Nine public forums are scheduled across the region with the only Fairfax County venue set for Providence Community Center, 3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax 22031 on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 from 7 to 9 p.m. For more information, visit visualize2045.org. @NatCapRegTPB. #VIZ2045.
The seven initiatives are:
- Bring jobs and housing closer together
- Expand bus rapid transit regionwide
- Move more people on Metrorail
- Provide more telecommuting and other options for commuting
- Expand express highway network
- Improve walk and bike access to transit
- Complete the National Capital Trail